2015 Yamaha T9.9
2015 Yamaha T9.9
High Thrust + Efficiency for Those Who Need a Little Extra Push.
Anglers. Families. Sailors. They all have their own vision of a perfect day on the water. However, those very different days are all powered by the very same class of outboard—Yamaha’s High Thrust four strokes. Available in a range of horsepower from T9.9 all the way up to the beefy T60, our high thrust outboards have the muscle to move heavy pontoons and sailboats or to be your kicker for a full day of fishing.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages that make Yamaha High Thrust outboards the power of choice for so many boaters:
More Thrust: These feisty four strokes serve up twice the thrust of comparable two strokes in the 2000-3000 RPM range.
Max Muscle: Dual Thrust™ propellers (optional on T50/T60 and standard on the T25 and T9.9) redirect exhaust flow away from the propeller, reducing ventilation and increasing thrust up to 60% in forward and 70% in reverse.
Award-Winning Control: Yamaha High Thrust outboards are compatible with our award-winning, Multi-Function Tiller Handle. Optional on all high thrust models, this tiller handle’s ergonomic design makes shifting easy, with less rotation needed to go from idle to wide-open throttle. This, plus a max-grip throttle handle reduces operator fatigue, so you can spend more time on the water.
- Max Muscle: Large-diameter, low-pitch Dual Thrust™ Propellers (optional on T50/T60 and standard on T25/T9.9) are designed specifically to harness the power of our High Thrust outboards. They redirect exhaust flow away from the propeller, reducing ventilation and increasing thrust up to 60% in forward and 70% in reverse.
- More Thrust: The Higher Gear Ratio on Yamaha’s High Thrust outboards make these powerhouses ideal for heavy pontoons and other applications that require an extra measure of muscle.
- Maximum Overall Performance: Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
- Consistent Performance: Thermostatic Cooling Control helps provide proper engine temperature at all times for consistent performance and long, trouble-free engine life.
- Ultra-Low Emissions: Yamaha high thrust four strokes are California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions and meet all federal EPA requirements.
- Anti-Corrosive Barrier: Yamaha’s proprietary ACP-221 Paint Process provides an extra-tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. It’s a key component of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™), which is standard on all Yamaha high thrust outboards.
- Ultimate Corrosion Protection: Yamaha’s exclusive YDC-30 Alloy is one of the most corrosion-resistant base materials in the industry. Used with Yamaha’s proprietary ACP-221 Paint Process, it provides an extra-tough barrier against corrosion. They’re both key components of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™), which is standard on all Yamaha high thrust outboards.
- Extended Engine Life: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience, durability and engine life.
- Warranty Protection: All Yamaha four strokes are protected by our Three-Year Limited Warranty for pleasure use. Beyond that, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) plans are available, for continued coverage after your three-year factory warranty expires.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience.
- Four Stroke Engine Design: Standard
- SOHC: Standard
- Labyrinth Exhaust: Standard
- Large Diameter, Low Pitch Dual Thrust™ Prop: Optional
- Streamlined Intake Manifold: Standard
- Acceleration Pump: Standard
- High (2.92) Gear Ratio: Standard
- Sacrificial Anodes: Standard
- YDC 30 Aluminum Alloy: Standard
- 5-Step Anti-Corrosion Paint Process: Standard
- Engine Warning System: Standard
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Standard
- High Output Alternator: Standard
- SST Drive, Prop, Shift Shafts: Standard
- SST Steering Tube: Standard
- CDI Microcomputer: Standard
- Thermostatic Controlled Cooling: Standard
- Finishing Line Protector: Standard
- Waist Drive Shaft: Standard
- Fresh Water Flush: Standard
- Freshwater Flush: Standard
- Compact: Standard
- Lightweight: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive ("E" Models): Standard
- Dual Transom Clamps: Standard
- Electrical Start: Standard
- 20" and 25" Shaft Availability: Standard
- Steering Friction Lever (Tiller Models): Standard
- Power Tilt ("P" Models): Standard
- Built-in Carrying Handles: Standard
- Long Span Mounting System: Standard
- Oil Strainer: Standard
- Engine Type: 2 cyl.
- Displacement: 12.9 ci (212 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 56 x 43 mm (2.48 x 2.29 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 9.9 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.46:1
- Fuel/Induction System: SOHC
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: Carburetor
- Ignition System: CDI Micro Computer
- Spark Plug: BR6HS-10-00-000
- Alternator Output: 6A
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 0.8L (0.85 qt.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha Mini 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (38:13) 2.92:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 71 deg.
- Degree of Trim: 4 positions
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Dry Weight: T9.9ELHB = 46kg (102 lb.); T9.9LPHB = 51kg (112 lb.); T9.9LPB = 48kg (106 lb.)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 43 deg. from center, either direction
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial
- Spec Weight: 4
- Engine Type
- 2 cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.48 x 2.29 in. (56 x 43 mm)
- 12.9 ci (212 cc)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 102 lb. (46 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- (38:13) 2.92:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- Water/Thermostatic Control
- 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial